Surah Al-Mu’minun (The Believers) is the chapter no 23 of Holy Quran.
1. Successful indeed are the believers.
2. Those who offer their Salat (prayers) with all solemnity and full submissiveness.
3. And those who turn away from Al-Laghw (dirty, false, evil vain talk, falsehood, and all that Allah has forbidden).
4. And those who pay the Zakat .
5. And those who guard their chastity (i.e. private parts, from illegal sexual acts)
6. Except from their wives or (the captives and slaves) that their right hands possess, for then, they are free from blame;
7. But whoever seeks beyond that, then those are the transgressors;
8. Those who are faithfully true to their Amanat (all the duties which Allah has ordained, honesty, moral responsibility and trusts etc.) and to their covenants;
9. And those who strictly guard their (five compulsory congregational) Salawat (prayers) (at their fixed stated hours).
10. These are indeed the inheritors.
11. Who shall inherit the Firdaus (Paradise). They shall dwell therein forever.
12. And indeed We created man (Adam) out of an extract of clay (water and earth).
13. Thereafter We made him (the offspring of Adam) as a Nutfah (mixed drops of the male and female sexual discharge) (and lodged it) in a safe lodging (womb of the woman).
14. Then We made the Nutfah into a clot (a piece of thick coagulated blood), then We made the clot into a little lump of flesh, then We made out of that little lump of flesh bones, then We clothed the bones with flesh, and then We brought it forth as another creation. So blessed be Allah, the Best of creators.
15. After that, surely, you will die.
16. Then (again), surely, you will be resurrected on the Day of Resurrection.
17. And indeed We have created above you seven heavens (one over the other), and We are never unaware of the creation.
18. And We sent down from the sky water (rain) in (due) measure, and We gave it lodging in the earth, and verily, We are Able to take it away.
19. Then We brought forth for you therewith gardens of date-palms and grapes, wherein is much fruit for you, and whereof you eat.
20. And a tree (olive) that springs forth from Mount Sinai, that grows oil, and (it is a) relish for the eaters.
21. And Verily! In the cattle there is indeed a lesson for you. We give you to drink (milk) of that which is in their bellies. And there are, in them, numerous (other) benefits for you, and of them you eat.
22. And on them, and on ships you are carried.
23. And indeed We sent Nuh (Noah) to his people, and he said: “O my people! Worship Allah! You have no other Ilah (God) but Him (Islamic Monotheism). Will you not then be afraid (of Him i.e. of His Punishment because of worshipping others besides Him)?”
24. But the chiefs of those who disbelieved among his people said: “He is no more than a human being like you, he seeks to make himself superior to you. Had Allah willed, He surely could have sent down angels; never did we hear such a thing among our fathers of old.
25. “He is only a man in whom is madness, so wait for him a while.”
26. [Nuh (Noah)] said: “O my Lord! Help me because they deny me.”
27. So We inspired him (saying): “Construct the ship under Our Eyes and under Our Revelation (guidance). Then, when Our Command comes, and the oven gushes forth water, take on board of each kind two (male and female), and your family, except those thereof against whom the Word has already gone forth. And address Me not in favour of those who have done wrong. Verily, they are to be drowned.
28. And when you have embarked on the ship, you and whoever is with you, then say: “All the praises and thanks be to Allah, Who has saved us from the people who are Zalimun (i.e. oppressors, wrong-doers, polytheists, those who join others in worship with Allah, etc.).
29. And say: “My Lord! Cause me to land at a blessed landing-place, for You are the Best of those who bring to land.”
30. Verily, in this [what We did as regards drowning of the people of Nuh (Noah)], there are indeed Ayat (proofs, evidences, lessons, signs, etc. for men to understand), for sure We are ever putting (men) to the test.
31. Then, after them, We created another generation.
32. And We sent to them a Messenger from among themselves (saying): “Worship Allah! You have no other Ilah (God) but Him. Will you not then be afraid (of Him i.e. of His Punishment because of worshipping others besides Him)?”
33. And the chiefs of his people, who disbelieved and denied the Meeting in the Hereafter, and to whom We had given the luxuries and comforts of this life, said: “He is no more than a human being like you, he eats of that which you eat, and drinks of what you drink.
34. “If you were to obey a human being like yourselves, then verily! You indeed would be losers.
35. “Does he promise you that when you have died and have become dust and bones, you shall come out alive (resurrected)?
36. “Far, very far is that which you are promised.
37. “There is nothing but our life of this world! We die and we live! And we are not going to be resurrected!
38. “He is only a man who has invented a lie against Allah, but we are not going to believe in him.”
39. He said: “O my Lord! Help me because they deny me.”
40. (Allah) said: “In a little while, they are sure to be regretful.”
41. So As-Saihah (torment – awful cry, etc.) overtook them with justice, and We made them as rubbish of dead plants. So away with the people who are Zalimun (polytheists, wrong-doers, disbelievers in the Oneness of Allah, disobedient to His Messengers, etc.).
42. Then, after them, We created other generations.
43. No nation can anticipate their term, nor can they delay it.
44. Then We sent Our Messengers in succession, every time there came to a nation their Messenger, they denied him, so We made them follow one another (to destruction), and We made them as Ahadith (the true stories for mankind to learn a lesson from them). So away with a people who believe not.
45. Then We sent Musa (Moses) and his brother Harun (Aaron), with Our Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) and manifest authority,
46. To Fir’aun (Pharaoh) and his chiefs, but they behaved insolently and they were people self-exalting (by disobeying their Lord, and exalting themselves over and above the Messenger of Allah).
47. They said: “Shall we believe in two men like ourselves, and their people are obedient to us with humility (and we use them to serve us as we like).”
48. So they denied them both [Musa (Moses) and Harun (Aaron)] and became of those who were destroyed.
49. And indeed We gave Musa (Moses) the Scripture, that they may be guided.
50. And We made the son of Maryam (Mary) and his mother as a sign, And We gave them refuge on high ground, a place of rest, security and flowing streams.
51. O (you) Messengers! Eat of the Taiyibat [all kinds of Halal (legal) foods which Allah has made legal (meat of slaughtered eatable animals, milk products, fats, vegetables, fruits, etc.], and do righteous deeds. Verily! I am Well-Acquainted with what you do.
52. And verily! This your religion (of Islamic Monotheism) is one religion, and I am your Lord, so keep your duty to Me.
53. But they (men) have broken their religion among them into sects, each group rejoicing in its belief.
54. So leave them in their error for a time.
55. Do they think that We enlarge them in wealth and children,
56. We hasten unto them with good things (in this worldly life so that they will have no share of good things in the Hereafter)? Nay, but they perceive not.
57. Verily! Those who live in awe for fear of their Lord;
58. And those who believe in the Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) of their Lord,
59. And those who join not anyone (in worship) as partners with their Lord;
60. And those who give that (their charity) which they give (and also do other good deeds) with their hearts full of fear (whether their alms and charities, etc., have been accepted or not), because they are sure to return to their Lord (for reckoning).
61. It is these who race for the good deeds, and they are foremost in them [e.g. offering the compulsory Salat (prayers) in their (early) stated, fixed times and so on].
62. And We tax not any person except according to his capacity, and with Us is a Record which speaks the truth, and they will not be wronged.
63. Nay, but their hearts are covered (blind) from understanding this (the Qur’an), and they have other (evil) deeds, besides, which they are doing.
64. Until, when We grasp those of them who lead a luxurious life with punishment, behold! They make humble invocation with a loud voice.
65. Invoke not loudly this day! Certainly, you shall not be helped by Us.
66. Indeed My Verses used to be recited to you, but you used to turn back on your heels (denying them, and with hatred to listen to them).
67. In pride (they Quraish pagans and polytheists of Makkah used to feel proud that they are the dwellers of Makkah sanctuary Haram), talking evil about it (the Qur’an) by night.
68. Have they not pondered over the Word (of Allah, i.e. what is sent down to the Prophet ), or has there come to them what had not come to their fathers of old?
69. Or is it that they did not recognize their Messenger (Muhammad ) so they deny him?
70. Or say they: “There is madness in him?” Nay, but he brought them the truth [i.e. “(A) Tauhid: Worshipping Allah Alone in all aspects (B) The Qur’an (C) The religion of Islam,”] but most of them (the disbelievers) are averse to the truth.
71. And if the truth had been in accordance with their desires, verily, the heavens and the earth, and whosoever is therein would have been corrupted! Nay, We have brought them their reminder, but they turn away from their reminder.
72. Or is it that you (O Muhammad ) ask them for some wages? But the recompense of your Lord is better, and He is the Best of those who give sustenance.
73. And certainly, you (O Muhammad ) call them to a Straight Path (true religion Islamic Monotheism).
74. And verily, those who believe not in the Hereafter are indeed deviating far astray from the Path (true religion Islamic Monotheism).
75. And though We had mercy on them and removed the distress which is on them, still they would obstinately persist in their transgression, wandering blindly.
76. And indeed We seized them with punishment, but they humbled not themselves to their Lord, nor did they invoke (Allah) with submission to Him.
77. Until, when We open for them the gate of severe punishment, then lo! They will be plunged into destruction with deep regrets, sorrows and in despair.
78. It is He, Who has created for you (the sense of) hearing (ears), sight (eyes), and hearts (understanding). Little thanks you give.
79. And it is He Who has created you on the earth, and to Him you shall be gathered back.
80. And it is He Who gives life and causes death, and His is the alternation of night and day. Will you not then understand?
81. Nay, but they say the like of what the men of old said.
82. They said: “When we are dead and have become dust and bones, shall we be resurrected indeed?
83. “Verily, this we have been promised, we and our fathers before (us)! This is only the tales of the ancients!”
84. Say: “Whose is the earth and whosoever is therein? If you know!”
85. They will say: “It is Allah’s!” Say: “Will you not then remember?”
86. Say: “Who is (the) Lord of the seven heavens, and (the) Lord of the Great Throne?”
87. They will say: “Allah.” Say: “Will you not then fear Allah (believe in His Oneness, obey Him, believe in the Resurrection and Recompense for each and every good or bad deed).”
88. Say “In Whose Hand is the sovereignty of everything (i.e. treasures of each and everything)? And He protects (all), while against Whom there is no protector, (i.e. if Allah saves anyone none can punish or harm him, and if Allah punishes or harms anyone none can save him), if you know.” [Tafsir Al-Qurtubi, Vol. 12, Page 145]
89. They will say: “(All that belongs) to Allah.” Say: “How then are you deceived and turn away from the truth?”
90. Nay, but We have brought them the truth (Islamic Monotheism), and verily, they (disbelievers) are liars.
91. No son (or offspring or children) did Allah beget, nor is there any ilah (god) along with Him; (if there had been many gods), behold, each god would have taken away what he had created, and some would have tried to overcome others! Glorified be Allah above all that they attribute to Him!
92. All-Knower of the unseen and the seen! Exalted be He over all that they associate as partners to Him!
93. Say (O Muhammad ): ” My Lord! If You would show me that with which they are threatened (torment),
94. “My Lord! Then (save me from Your Punishment), and put me not amongst the people who are the Zalimun (polytheists and wrong-doing).”
95. And indeed We are Able to show you (O Muhammad ) that with which We have threatened them.
96. Repel evil with that which is better. We are Best-Acquainted with the things they utter.
97. And say: “My Lord! I seek refuge with You from the whisperings (suggestions) of the Shayatin (devils).
98. “And I seek refuge with You, My Lord! lest they may attend (or come near) me.”
99. Until, when death comes to one of them (those who join partners with Allah), he says: “My Lord! Send me back,
100. “So that I may do good in that which I have left behind!” No! It is but a word that he speaks, and behind them is Barzakh (a barrier) until the Day when they will be resurrected.
101. Then, when the Trumpet is blown, there will be no kinship among them that Day, nor will they ask of one another.
102. Then, those whose scales (of good deeds) are heavy, – these, they are the successful.
103. And those whose scales (of good deeds) are light, they are those who lose their ownselves, in Hell will they abide.
104. The Fire will burn their faces, and therein they will grin, with displaced lips (disfigured).
105. “Were not My Verses (this Qur’an) recited to you, and then you used to deny them?”
106. They will say: “Our Lord! Our wretchedness overcame us, and we were (an) erring people.
107. “Our Lord! Bring us out of this; if ever we return (to evil), then indeed we shall be Zalimun: (polytheists, oppressors, unjust, and wrong-doers, etc.).”
108. He (Allah) will say: “Remain you in it with ignominy! And speak you not to Me!”
109. Verily! There was a party of My slaves, who used to say: “Our Lord! We believe, so forgive us, and have mercy on us, for You are the Best of all who show mercy!”
110. But you took them for a laughingstock, so much so that they made you forget My Remembrance while you used to laugh at them!
111. Verily! I have rewarded them this Day for their patience, they are indeed the ones that are successful.
112. He (Allah) will say: “What number of years did you stay on earth?”
113. They will say: “We stayed a day or part of a day. Ask of those who keep account.”
114. He (Allah) will say: “You stayed not but a little, if you had only known!
115. “Did you think that We had created you in play (without any purpose), and that you would not be brought back to Us?”
116. So Exalted be Allah, the True King, La ilaha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He), the Lord of the Supreme Throne!
117. And whoever invokes (or worships), besides Allah, any other ilah (god), of whom he has no proof, then his reckoning is only with his Lord. Surely! Al-Kafirun (the disbelievers in Allah and in the Oneness of Allah, polytheists, pagans, idolaters, etc.) will not be successful.
118. And say (O Muhammad ): “My Lord! Forgive and have mercy, for You are the Best of those who show mercy!”
[These letters are one of the miracles of the Qur’an, and none but Allah (Alone) knows their meanings.]
2. These are Verses of the Wise Book (the Qur’an).
3. A guide and a mercy for the Muhsinun (good-doers)
4. Those who perform As-Salat (Iqamat-as- Salat) and give Zakat and they have faith in the Hereafter with certainty.
5. Such are on guidance from their Lord, and such are the successful.
6. And of mankind is he who purchases idle talks (i.e.music, singing, etc.) to mislead (men) from the Path of Allah without knowledge, and takes it (the Path of Allah, the Verses of the Qur’an) by way of mockery. For such there will be a humiliating torment (in the Hell-fire).
7. And when Our Verses (of the Qur’an) are recited to such a one, he turns away in pride, as if he heard them not, as if there were deafness in his ear. So announce to him a painful torment.
8. Verily, those who believe (in Islamic Monotheism) and do righteous good deeds, for them are Gardens of delight (Paradise).
9. To abide therein. It is a Promise of Allah in truth. And He is the All-Mighty, the All-Wise.
10. He has created the heavens without any pillars, that you see and has set on the earth firm mountains, lest it should shake with you. And He has scattered therein moving (living) creatures of all kinds. And We send down water (rain) from the sky, and We cause (plants) of every goodly kind to grow therein.
11. This is the creation of Allah. So show Me that which those (whom you worship), besides Him have created. Nay, the Zalimun (polytheists, wrong-doers and those who do not believe in the Oneness of Allah) are in plain error.
12. And indeed We bestowed upon Luqman Al–Hikmah (wisdom and religious understanding, etc.) saying: “Give thanks to Allah,” and whoever gives thanks, he gives thanks for (the good of) his ownself. And whoever is unthankful, then verily, Allah is All-Rich (Free of all wants), Worthy of all praise.
13. And (remember) when Luqman said to his son when he was advising him: “O my son! Join not in worship others with Allah. Verily! Joining others in worship with Allah is a great Zulm (wrong) indeed.
14. And We have enjoined on man (to be dutiful and good) to his parents. His mother bore him in weakness and hardship upon weakness and hardship, and his weaning is in two years give thanks to Me and to your parents, unto Me is the final destination.
15. But if they (both) strive with you to make you join in worship with Me others that of which you have no knowledge, then obey them not, but behave with them in the world kindly, and follow the path of him who turns to Me in repentance and in obedience. Then to Me will be your return, and I shall tell you what you used to do.
16. “O my son! If it be (anything) equal to the weight of a grain of mustard seed, and though it be in a rock, or in the heavens or in the earth, Allah will bring it forth. Verily, Allah is Subtle (in bringing out that grain), Well-Aware (of its place).
17. “O my son! Aqim-is-Salat (perform As-Salat), enjoin (people) for Al–Ma’ruf (Islamic Monotheism and all that is good), and forbid (people) from Al–Munkar (i.e. disbelief in the Oneness of Allah, polytheism of all kinds and all that is evil and bad), and bear with patience whatever befall you. Verily! These are some of the important commandments ordered by Allah with no exemption.
18. “And turn not your face away from men with pride, nor walk in insolence through the earth. Verily, Allah likes not each arrogant boaster.
19. “And be moderate (or show no insolence) in your walking, and lower your voice. Verily, the harshest of all voices is the voice (braying) of the ass.”
20. See you not (O men) that Allah has subjected for you whatsoever is in the heavens and whatsoever is in the earth, and has completed and perfected His Graces upon you, (both) apparent (i.e Islamic Monotheism, and the lawful pleasures of this world, including health, good looks, etc.) and hidden [i.e. One’s Faith in Allah (of Islamic Monotheism) knowledge, wisdom, guidance for doing righteous deeds, and also the pleasures and delights of the Hereafter in Paradise, etc.]? Yet of mankind is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or a Book giving light!
21. And when it is said to them: “Follow that which Allah has sent down”, they say: “Nay, we shall follow that which we found our fathers (following).” (Would they do so) even if Shaitan (Satan) invites them to the torment of the Fire.
22. And whosoever submits his face (himself) to Allah [i.e.(follows Allah’s Religion of Islamic Monotheism), worships Allah (Alone) with sincere Faith in the (1) Oneness of His Lordship,(2) Oneness of His worship, and (3) Oneness of His Names and Qualities], while he is a Muhsin(good-doer i.e. performs good deeds totally for Allah’s sake without any show-off or to gain praise or fame etc. and does them in accordance with the Sunnah of Allah’s Messenger Muhammad ), then he has grasped the most trustworthy hand-hold [La ilaha ill-Allah (none has the right to be worshipped but Allah)]. And to Allah return all matters for decision.
23. And whoever disbelieved, let not his disbelief grieve you (O Muhammad ),. to Us is their return, and We shall inform them what they have done. Verily, Allah is the All-Knower of what is in the breasts (of men).
24. We let them enjoy for a little while, then in the end We shall oblige them to (enter) a great torment.
25. And if you (O Muhammad ) ask them: “Who has created the heavens and the earth,” they will certainly say: “Allah.” Say: “All the praises and thanks be to Allah!” But most of them know not.
26. To Allah belongs whatsoever is in the heavens and the earth. Verily, Allah, He is Al-Ghani (Rich, Free of all wants), Worthy of all praise.
27. And if all the trees on the earth were pens and the sea (were ink wherewith to write), with seven seas behind it to add to its (supply), yet the Words of Allah would not be exhausted. Verily, Allah is All-Mighty, All-Wise.
28. The creation of you all and the resurrection of you all are only as (the creation and resurrection of) a single person. Verily, Allah is All-Hearer, All-Seer.
29. See you not (O Muhammad ) that Allah merges the night into the day (i.e. the decrease in the hours of the night are added in the hours of the day), and merges the day into the night (i.e. the decrease in the hours of day are added in the hours of night), and has subjected the sun and the moon, each running its course for a term appointed; and that Allah is All-Aware of what you do.
30. That is because Allah, He is the Truth, and that which they invoke besides Him is Al-Batil (falsehood, Satan and all other false deities), and that Allah, He is the Most High, the Most Great.
31. See you not that the ships sail through the sea by Allah’s Grace? that He may show you of His Signs? Verily, in this are signs for every patient, grateful (person).
32. And when a wave covers them like shades (i.e. like clouds or the mountains of sea-water), they invoke Allah, making their invocations for Him only. But when He brings them safe to land, there are among them those that stop in the middle, between (Belief and disbelief). But none denies Our Signs except every perfidious ungrateful.
33. O mankind! Be afraid of your Lord (by keeping your duty to Him and avoiding all evil), and fear a Day when no father can avail aught for his son, nor a son avail aught for his father. Verily, the Promise of Allah is true, let not then this (worldly) present life deceive you, nor let the chief deceiver (Satan) deceive you about Allah.
34. Verily, Allah! With Him (Alone) is the knowledge of the Hour, He sends down the rain, and knows that which is in the wombs. No person knows what he will earn tomorrow, and no person knows in what land he will die. Verily, Allah is All-Knower, All-Aware (of things).
Surah Al-Fatir or Al-Mala’ikah (The Originator or The Angels) is the chapter no 35 of Holy Quran.
1. All the praises and thanks be to Allah, the (only) Originator [or the (only) Creator] of the heavens and the earth, Who made the angels messengers with wings, – two or three or four. He increases in creation what He wills. Verily, Allah is Able to do all things.
2. Whatever of mercy (i.e.of good), Allah may grant to mankind, none can withhold it, and whatever He may withhold, none can grant it thereafter. And He is the All-Mighty, the All-Wise.
3. O mankind! Remember the Grace of Allah upon you! Is there any creator other than Allah who provides for you from the sky (rain) and the earth? La ilaha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He). How then are you turning away (from Him)?
4. And if they belie you (O Muhammad ), so were Messengers belied before you. And to Allah return all matters (for decision).
5. O mankind! Verily, the Promise of Allah is true. So let not this present life deceive you, and let not the chief deceiver (Satan) deceive you about Allah.
6. Surely, Shaitan (Satan) is an enemy to you, so take (treat) him as an enemy. He only invites his Hizb (followers) that they may become the dwellers of the blazing Fire.
7. Those who disbelieve, theirs will be a severe torment; and those who believe (in the Oneness of Allah Islamic Monotheism) and do righteous good deeds, theirs will be forgiveness and a great reward (i.e. Paradise).
8. Is he, then, to whom the evil of his deeds made fair-seeming, so that he considers it as good (equal to one who is rightly guided)? Verily, Allah sends astray whom He wills, and guides whom He wills. So destroy not yourself (O Muhammad ) in sorrow for them. Truly, Allah is the All-Knower of what they do!
9. And it is Allah Who sends the winds, so that they raise up the clouds, and We drive them to a dead land, and revive therewith the earth after its death. As such (will be) the Resurrection!
10. Whosoever desires honour, power and glory then to Allah belong all honour, power and glory [and one can get honour, power and glory only by obeying and worshipping Allah (Alone)]. To Him ascend (all) the goodly words, and the righteous deeds exalt it (the goodly words i.e. the goodly words are not accepted by Allah unless and until they are followed by good deeds), but those who plot evils, theirs will be severe torment. And the plotting of such will perish.
11. And Allah did create you (Adam) from dust, then from Nutfah (male and female discharge semen drops i.e. Adam’s offspring), then He made you pairs (male and female). And no female conceives or gives birth, but with His Knowledge. And no aged man is granted a length of life, nor is a part cut off from his life (or another man’s life), but is in a Book (Al-Lauh Al-Mahfuz) Surely, that is easy for Allah.
12. And the two seas (kinds of water) are not alike, this fresh sweet, and pleasant to drink, and that saltish and bitter. And from them both you eat fresh tender meat (fish), and derive the ornaments that you wear. And you see the ships cleaving (the sea-water as they sail through it), that you may seek of His Bounty, and that you may give thanks.
13. He merges the night into the day (i.e. the decrease in the hours of the night are added to the hours of the day), and He merges the day into the night (i.e. the decrease in the hours of the day are added to the hours of the night). And He has subjected the sun and the moon, each runs its course for a term appointed. Such is Allah your Lord; His is the kingdom. And those, whom you invoke or call upon instead of Him, own not even a Qitmir (the thin membrane over the date-stone).
14. If you invoke (or call upon) them, they hear not your call, and if (in case) they were to hear, they could not grant it (your request) to you. And on the Day of Resurrection, they will disown your worshipping them. And none can inform you (O Muhammad ) like Him Who is the All-Knower (of each and everything).
15. O mankind! it is you who stand in need of Allah, but Allah is Rich (Free of all wants and needs), Worthy of all praise.
16. If He will, He could destroy you and bring about a new creation.
17. And that is not hard for Allah.
18. And no bearer of burdens shall bear another’s burden, and if one heavily laden calls another to (bear) his load, nothing of it will be lifted even though he be near of kin. You (O Muhammad ) can warn only those who fear their Lord unseen, and perform As-Salat (Iqamat-as-Salat). And he who purifies himself (from all kinds of sins), then he purifies only for the benefit of his ownself. And to Allah is the (final) Return (of all).
19. Not alike are the blind (disbelievers in Islamic Monotheism) and the seeing (believers in Islamic Monotheism).
20. Nor are (alike) the darkness (disbelief) and the light (Belief in Islamic Monotheism).
21. Nor are (alike) the shade and the sun’s heat.
22. Nor are (alike) the living (believers) and the dead (disbelievers). Verily, Allah makes whom He will hear, but you cannot make hear those who are in graves.
23. You (O Muhammad ) are only a warner (i.e. your duty is to convey Allah’s Message to mankind but the guidance is in Allah’s Hand).
24. Verily! We have sent you with the truth, a bearer of glad tidings, and a warner. And there never was a nation but a warner had passed among them.
25. And if they belie you, those before them also belied. Their Messengers came to them with clear signs, and with the Scriptures, and the book giving light.
26. Then I took hold of those who disbelieved, and how terrible was My denial (punishment)!
27. See you not that Allah sends down water (rain) from the sky, and We produce therewith fruits of varying colours, and among the mountains are streaks white and red, of varying colours and (others) very black.
28. And of men and Ad–Dawab (moving living creatures, beasts, etc.), and cattle, in like manner of various colours. It is only those who have knowledge among His slaves that fear Allah. Verily, Allah is All-Mighty, Oft-Forgiving.
29. Verily, those who recite the Book of Allah (this Qur’an), and perform As-Salat (Iqamat-as-Salat), and spend (in charity) out of what We have provided for them, secretly and openly, hope for a (sure) trade-gain that will never perish.
30. That He may pay them their wages in full, and give them (even) more, out of His Grace. Verily! He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Ready to appreciate (good deeds and to recompense).
31. And what We have inspired in you (O Muhammad ), of the Book (the Qur’an), it is the (very) truth [that you (Muhammad ) and your followers must act on its instructions], confirming that which was (revealed) before it. Verily! Allah is indeed All-Aware, and All-Seer of His slaves.
32. Then We gave the Book the Qur’an) for inheritance to such of Our slaves whom We chose (the followers of Muhammad ). Then of them are some who wrong their ownselves, and of them are some who follow a middle course, and of them are some who are, by Allah’s Leave, foremost in good deeds. That (inheritance of the Qur’an), that is indeed a great grace.
33. ‘Adn (Eden) Paradise (everlasting Gardens) will they enter, therein will they be adorned with bracelets of gold and pearls, and their garments there will be of silk (i.e. in Paradise).
34. And they will say: “All the praises and thanks be to Allah, Who has removed from us (all) grief. Verily, our Lord is indeed Oft-Forgiving, Most Ready to appreciate (good deeds and to recompense).
35. Who, out of His Grace, has lodged us in a home that will last forever; there, toil will touch us not, nor weariness will touch us.”
36. But those who disbelieve, (in the Oneness of Allah – Islamic Monotheism) for them will be the Fire of Hell. Neither it will have a complete killing effect on them so that they die, nor shall its torment be lightened for them. Thus do We requite every disbeliever!
37. Therein they will cry: “Our Lord! Bring us out, we shall do righteous good deeds, not (the evil deeds) that we used to do.” (Allah will reply): “Did We not give you lives long enough, so that whosoever would receive admonition, – could receive it? And the warner came to you. So taste you (the evil of your deeds). For the Zalimun (polytheists and wrong-doers, etc.) there is no helper.”
38. Verily, Allah is the All-Knower of the unseen of the heavens and the earth. Verily! He is the All-Knower of that is in the breasts.
39. He it is Who has made you successors generations after generations in the earth, so whosoever disbelieves (in Islamic Monotheism) on him will be his disbelief. And the disbelief of the disbelievers adds nothing but hatred with their Lord. And the disbelief of the disbelievers adds nothing but loss.
40. Say (O Muhammad ): “Tell me or inform me (what) do you think about your (so-called) partner-gods to whom you call upon besides Allah, show me, what they have created of the earth? Or have they any share in the heavens? Or have We given them a Book, so that they act on clear proof therefrom? Nay, the Zalimun (polytheists and wrong-doers, etc.) promise one another nothing but delusions.”
41. Verily! Allah grasps the heavens and the earth lest they move away from their places, and if they were to move away from their places, there is not one that could grasp them after Him. Truly, He is Ever Most Forbearing, Oft-Forgiving.
42. And they swore by Allah their most binding oath, that if a warner came to them, they would be more guided than any of the nations (before them), yet when a warner (Muhammad ) came to them, it increased in them nothing but flight (from the truth),
43. (They took to flight because of their) arrogance in the land and their plotting of evil. But the evil plot encompasses only him who makes it. Then, can they expect anything (else), but the Sunnah (way of dealing) of the peoples of old? So no change will you find in Allah’s Sunnah (way of dealing), and no turning off will you find in Allah’s Sunnah (way of dealing).
44. Have they not travelled in the land, and seen what was the end of those before them, and they were superior to them in power? Allah is not such that anything in the heavens or in the earth escapes Him. Verily, He is All-Knowing, All-Omnipotent.
45. And if Allah were to punish men for that which they earned, He would not leave a moving (living) creature on the surface of the earth, but He gives them respite to an appointed term, and when their term comes, then verily, Allah is Ever All-Seer of His slaves.
Surah Al-Hujuraat (The Dwellings) is the chapter no 49 of Holy Quran.
1. O you who believe! Do not put (yourselves) forward before Allah and His Messenger (), and fear Allah. Verily! Allah is All-Hearing, All-Knowing.
2. O you who believe! Raise not your voices above the voice of the Prophet (), nor speak aloud to him in talk as you speak aloud to one another, lest your deeds may be rendered fruitless while you perceive not.
3. Verily! Those who lower their voices in the presence of Allah’s Messenger (), they are the ones whose hearts Allah has tested for piety. For them is forgiveness and a great reward.
4. Verily! Those who call you from behind the dwellings, most of them have no sense.
5. And if they had patience till you could come out to them, it would have been better for them. And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
6. O you who believe! If a rebellious evil person comes to you with a news, verify it, lest you harm people in ignorance, and afterwards you become regretful to what you have done.
7. And know that, among you there is the Messenger of Allah (). If he were to obey you (i.e. follow your opinions and desires) in much of the matter, you would surely be in trouble, but Allah has endeared the Faith to you and has beautified it in your hearts, and has made disbelief, wickedness and disobedience (to Allah and His Messenger ) hateful to you. These! They are the rightly guided ones,
8. (This is) a Grace from Allah and His Favour. And Allah is All-Knowing, All-Wise.
9. And if two parties or groups among the believers fall to fighting, then make peace between them both, but if one of them rebels against the other, then fight you (all) against the one that which rebels till it complies with the Command of Allah; then if it complies, then make reconciliation between them justly, and be equitable. Verily! Allah loves those who are equitable.
10. The believers are nothing else than brothers (in Islamic religion). So make reconciliation between your brothers, and fear Allah, that you may receive mercy.
11. O you who believe! Let not a group scoff at another group, it may be that the latter are better than the former; nor let (some) women scoff at other women, it may be that the latter are better than the former, nor defame one another, nor insult one another by nicknames. How bad is it, to insult one’s brother after having Faith [i.e. to call your Muslim brother (a faithful believer) as: “O sinner”, or “O wicked”, etc.]. And whosoever does not repent, then such are indeed Zalimun (wrong-doers, etc.).
12. O you who believe! Avoid much suspicions, indeed some suspicions are sins. And spy not, neither backbite one another. Would one of you like to eat the flesh of his dead brother? You would hate it (so hate backbiting) . And fear Allah. Verily, Allah is the One Who accepts repentance, Most Merciful.
13. O mankind! We have created you from a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that you may know one another. Verily, the most honourable of you with Allah is that (believer) who has At-Taqwa [i.e. one of the Muttaqun (pious – see V.2:2)]. Verily, Allah is All-Knowing, All-Aware.
14. The bedouins say: “We believe.” Say: “You believe not but you only say, ‘We have surrendered (in Islam),’ for Faith has not yet entered your hearts. But if you obey Allah and His Messenger (), He will not decrease anything in reward for your deeds. Verily, Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.”
15. Only those are the believers who have believed in Allah and His Messenger, and afterward doubt not but strive with their wealth and their lives for the Cause of Allah. Those! They are the truthful.
16. Say: “Will you inform Allah about your religion? While Allah knows all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth, and Allah is All-Aware of everything.
17. They regard as favour upon you (O Muhammad ) that they have embraced Islam. Say: “Count not your Islam as a favour upon me. Nay, but Allah has conferred a favour upon you, that He has guided you to the Faith, if you indeed are true.
18. Verily, Allah knows the unseen of the heavens and the earth. And Allah is the All-Seer of what you do.
Surah Al-Waqi’ah (The Event) is the chapter no 56 of Holy Quran.
1. When the Event (i.e. the Day of Resurrection) befalls.
2. And there can be no denying of its befalling.
3. It will bring low (some); (and others) it will exalt;
4. When the earth will be shaken with a terrible shake.
5. And the mountains will be powdered to dust.
6. So that they will become floating dust particles.
7. And you (all) will be in three kinds (i.e. separate groups).
8. So those on the Right Hand (i.e. those who will be given their Records in their right hands), Who will be those on the Right Hand? (As a respect for them, because they will enter Paradise).
9. And those on the Left Hand (i.e. those who will be given their Record in their left hands), Who will be those on the Left Hand? (As a disgrace for them, because they will enter Hell).
10. And those foremost [(in Islamic Faith of Monotheism and in performing righteous deeds) in the life of this world on the very first call for to embrace Islam,] will be foremost (in Paradise).
11. These will be those nearest to Allah.
12. In the Gardens of delight (Paradise).
13. A multitude of those (foremost) will be from the first generations (who embraced Islam).
14. And a few of those (foremost) will be from the later time (generations).
15. (They will be) on thrones woven with gold and precious stones,
16. Reclining thereon, face to face.
17. They will be served by immortal boys,
18. With cups, and jugs, and a glass from the flowing wine,
19. Wherefrom they will get neither any aching of the head, nor any intoxication.
20. And fruit; that they may choose.
21. And the flesh of fowls that they desire.
22. And (there will be) Houris (fair females) with wide, lovely eyes (as wives for the pious),
23. Like unto preserved pearls.
24. A reward for what they used to do.
25. No Laghw (dirty, false, evil vain talk) will they hear therein, nor any sinful speech (like backbiting, etc.).
26. But only the saying of: Salam!, Salam! (greetings with peace) !
27. And those on the Right Hand, – Who will be those on the Right Hand?
28. (They will be) among thornless lote-trees,
29. Among Talh (banana-trees) with fruits piled one above another,
30. In shade long-extended,
31. By water flowing constantly,
32. And fruit in plenty,
33. Whose season is not limited, and their supply will not be cut off,
34. And on couches or thrones, raised high.
35. Verily, We have created them (maidens) of special creation.
36. And made them virgins.
37. Loving (their husbands only), equal in age.
38. For those on the Right Hand.
39. A multitude of those (on the Right Hand) will be from the first generation (who embraced Islam).
40. And a multitude of those (on the Right Hand) will be from the later times (generations).
41. And those on the Left Hand Who will be those on the Left Hand?
42. In fierce hot wind and boiling water,
43. And shadow of black smoke,
44. (That shadow) neither cool, nor (even) good,
45. Verily, before that, they indulged in luxury,
46. And were persisting in great sin (joining partners in worship along with Allah, committing murders and other crimes, etc.)
47. And they used to say: “When we die and become dust and bones, shall we then indeed be resurrected?
48. “And also our forefathers?”
49. Say (O Muhammad ): “(Yes) verily, those of old, and those of later times.
50. “All will surely be gathered together for appointed Meeting of a known Day.
51. “Then moreover, verily, you the erring-ones, the deniers (of Resurrection)!
52. “You verily will eat of the trees of Zaqqum.
53. “Then you will fill your bellies therewith,
54. “And drink boiling water on top of it,
55. “So you will drink (that) like thirsty camels!”
56. That will be their entertainment on the Day of Recompense!
57. We created you, then why do you believe not?
58. Then tell Me (about) the human semen that you emit.
59. Is it you who create it (i.e. make this semen into a perfect human being), or are We the Creator?
60. We have decreed death to you all, and We are not unable,
61. To transfigure you and create you in (forms) that you know not.
62. And indeed, you have already known the first form of creation (i.e. the creation of Adam), why then do you not remember or take heed?
63. Tell Me! The seed that you sow in the ground.
64. Is it you that make it grow, or are We the Grower?
65. Were it Our Will, We could crumble it to dry pieces, and you would be regretful (or left in wonderment).
66. (Saying): “We are indeed Mughramun (i.e. ruined or lost the money without any profit, or punished by the loss of all that we spend for cultivation, etc.)! [See Tafsir Al-Qurtubi, Vol. 17, Page 219]
67. “Nay, but we are deprived!”
68. Tell Me! The water that you drink.
69. Is it you who cause it from the rainclouds to come down, or are We the Causer of it to come down?
70. If We willed, We verily could make it salt (and undrinkable), why then do you not give thanks (to Allah)?
71. Tell Me! The fire which you kindle,
72. Is it you who made the tree thereof to grow, or are We the Grower?
73. We have made it a Reminder (for the Hell-fire, in the Hereafter); and an article of use for the travellers (and all the others, in this world).
74. Then glorify with praises the Name of your Lord, the Most Great.
75. So I swear by Mawaqi (setting or the mansions, etc.) of the stars (they traverse).
76. And verily, that is indeed a great oath, if you but know.
77. That (this) is indeed an honourable recital (the Noble Qur’an).
78. In a Book well-guarded (with Allah in the heaven i.e. Al-Lauh Al-Mahfuz).
79. Which (that Book with Allah) none can touch but the purified (i.e. the angels).
80. A Revelation (this Qur’an) from the Lord of the ‘Alamin (mankind, jinns and all that exists).
81. Is it such a talk (this Qur’an) that you (disbelievers) deny?
82. And instead (of thanking Allah) for the provision He gives you, on the contrary, you deny Him (by disbelief)!
83. Then why do you not (intervene) when (the soul of a dying person) reaches the throat?
84. And you at the moment are looking on,
85. But We (i.e. Our angels who take the soul) are nearer to him than you, but you see not, [Tafsir At-Tabari, Vol.27, Page 209]
86. Then why do you not, if you are exempt from the reckoning and recompense (punishment, etc.)
87. Bring back the soul (to its body), if you are truthful?
88. Then, if he (the dying person) be of the Muqarrabun (those brought near to Allah),
89. (There is for him) rest and provision, and a Garden of delights (Paradise).
90. And if he (the dying person) be of those on the Right Hand,
91. Then there is safety and peace (from the Punishment of Allah) for (you as you are from) those on the Right Hand.
92. But if he (the dying person) be of the denying (of the Resurrection), the erring (away from the Right Path of Islamic Monotheism),
93. Then for him is entertainment with boiling water.
94. And burning in Hell-fire.
95. Verily, this! This is an absolute Truth with certainty.
96. So glorify with praises the Name of your Lord, the Most Great.
Surah Al-Baiyyinah (The Clear Evidence) is the chapter no 98 of Holy Quran.
1. Those who disbelieve from among the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians) and among Al-Mushrikun,were not going to leave (their disbelief) until there came to them clear evidence.
2. A Messenger (Muhammad ()) from Allah, reciting (the Qur’an) purified pages [purified from Al-Batil (falsehood, etc.)].
3. Containing correct and straight laws from Allah.
4. And the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians) differed not until after there came to them clear evidence. (i.e. Prophet Muhammad () and whatever was revealed to him).
5. And they were commanded not, but that they should worship Allah, and worship none but Him Alone (abstaining from ascribing partners to Him), and perform As-Salat (Iqamat-as-Salat) and give Zakat: and that is the right religion.
6. Verily, those who disbelieve (in the religion of Islam, the Qur’an and Prophet Muhammad ()) from among the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians) and Al-Mushrikun will abide in the Fire of Hell. They are the worst of creatures.
7. Verily, those who believe [in the Oneness of Allah, and in His Messenger Muhammad ()) including all obligations ordered by Islam] and do righteous good deeds, they are the best of creatures.
8. Their reward with their Lord is ‘Adn (Eden) Paradise (Gardens of Eternity), underneath which rivers flow, they will abide therein forever, Allah Well-Pleased with them, and they with Him. That is for him who fears his Lord.