Surah Al-Furqan (The Criterion) is the chapter no 25 of Holy Quran.
2. He to Whom belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth, and Who has begotten no son (children or offspring) and for Whom there is no partner in the dominion. He has created everything, and has measured it exactly according to its due measurements.
3. Yet they have taken besides Him other aliha (gods) that created nothing but are themselves created, and possess neither hurt nor benefit for themselves, and possess no power (of causing) death, nor (of giving) life, nor of raising the dead.
4. Those who disbelieve say: “This (the Qur’an) is nothing but a lie that he (Muhammad (PBUH)) has invented, and others have helped him at it, so that they have produced an unjust wrong (thing) and a lie.”
6. Say: “It (this Qur’an) has been sent down by Him (Allah) (the Real Lord of the heavens and earth) Who knows the secret of the heavens and the earth. Truly, He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.”
7. And they say: “Why does this Messenger (Muhammad (PBUH)) eat food, and walk about in the markets (like ourselves). Why is not an angel sent down to him to be a warner with him?
15. Say: (O Muhammad (PBUH)) “Is that (torment) better or the Paradise of Eternity promised to the Muttaqun(pious and righteous persons – see V.2:2)?” It will be theirs as a reward and as a final destination.
17. And on the Day when He will gather them together and that which they worship besides Allah [idols, angels, pious men, saints, ‘Iesa (Jesus) – son of Maryam (Mary), etc.]. He will say: “Was it you who misled these My slaves or did they (themselves) stray from the (Right) Path?”
18. They will say: “Glorified be You! It was not for us to take any Auliya’ (Protectors, Helpers, etc.) besides You, but You gave them and their fathers comfort till they forgot the warning, and became a lost people (doomed to total loss).
19. Thus they (false gods all deities other than Allah) will give you (polytheists) the lie regarding what you say (that they are gods besides Allah), then you can neither avert (the punishment), nor get help. And whoever among you does wrong (i.e. sets up rivals to Allah), We shall make him taste a great torment.
20. And We never sent before you (O Muhammad (PBUH)) any of the Messengers but verily, they ate food and walked in the markets. And We have made some of you as a trial for others: will you have patience? And your Lord is Ever All-Seer (of everything).
21. And those who expect not for a Meeting with Us (i.e. those who deny the Day of Resurrection and the life of the Hereafter), say: “Why are not the angels sent down to us, or why do we not see our Lord?” Indeed they think too highly of themselves, and are scornful with great pride.
22. On the Day they will see the angels, no glad tidings will there be for the Mujrimun (criminals, disbelievers, polytheists, sinners, etc.) that day. And they (angels) will say: “All kinds of glad tidings are forbidden for you,” [None will be allowed to enter Paradise except the one who said: La ilaha ill-Allah, “(none has the right to be worshipped but Allah) and acted practically on its legal orders and obligations].
26. The sovereignty on that Day will be the true (sovereignty), belonging to the Most Beneficent (Allah), and it will be a hard Day for the disbelievers (those who disbelieve in the Oneness of Allah Islamic Monotheism).
27. And (remember) the Day when the Zalim (wrong-doer, oppressor, polytheist, etc.) will bite at his hands, he will say: “Oh! Would that I had taken a path with the Messenger ( Muhammad (PBUH)).
29. “He indeed led me astray from the Reminder (this Qur’an) after it had come to me. And Shaitan (Satan) is ever a deserter to man in the hour of need.”
30. And the Messenger (Muhammad (PBUH)) will say: “O my Lord! Verily, my people deserted this Qur’an (neither listened to it, nor acted on its laws and orders).
32. And those who disbelieve say: “Why is not the Qur’an revealed to him all at once?” Thus (it is sent down in parts), that We may strengthen your heart thereby. And We have revealed it to you gradually, in stages. (It was revealed to the Prophet (PBUH) in 23 years.).
33. And no example or similitude do they bring (to oppose or to find fault in you or in this Qur’an), but We reveal to you the truth (against that similitude or example), and the better explanation thereof.
35. And indeed We gave Musa (Moses) the Scripture [the Taurat (Torah)], and placed his brother Harun (Aaron) with him as a helper;
37. And Nuh’s (Noah) people, when they denied the Messengers We drowned them, and We made them as a sign for mankind. And We have prepared a painful torment for the Zalimun (polytheists and wrong-doers, etc).
40. And indeed they have passed by the town [of Prophet Lout (Lot)] on which was rained the evil rain. Did they (disbelievers) not then see it (with their own eyes)? Nay ! But they used not to expect for any resurrection.
41. And when they see you (O Muhammad (PBUH)), they treat you only as a mockery (saying):”Is this the one whom Allah has sent as a Messenger?
42. “He would have nearly misled us from our aliha (gods), had it not been that we were patient and constant in their worship!” And they will know when they see the torment, who it is that is most astray from the (Right) Path!
43. Have you (O Muhammad (PBUH)) seen him who has taken as his ilah (god) his own desire? Would you then be a Wakil (a disposer of his affairs or a watcher) over him?
45. Have you not seen how your Lord spread the shadow. If He willed, He could have made it still then We have made the sun its guide [i.e. after the sunrise, it (the shadow) squeezes and vanishes at midnoon and then again appears in the afternoon with the decline of the sun, and had there been no sun light, there would have been no shadow].
47. And it is He Who makes the night a covering for you, and the sleep (as) repose, and makes the dayNushur (i.e. getting up and going about here and there for daily work, etc. after one’s sleep at night or like resurrection after one’s death).
50. And indeed We have distributed it (rain or water) amongst them in order that they may remember the Grace of Allah, but most men refuse (or deny the Truth or Faith) and accept nothing but disbelief or ingratitude.
52. So obey not the disbelievers, but strive against them (by preaching) with the utmost endeavour, with it (the Qur’an).
56. And We have sent you (O Muhammad (PBUH) ) only as a bearer of glad tidings and a warner.
58. And put your trust (O Muhammad (PBUH)) in the Ever Living One Who dies not, and glorify His Praises, and Sufficient is He as the All-Knower of the sins of His slaves;
59. Who created the heavens and the earth and all that is between them in six Days. Then He Istawa (rose over) the Throne (in a manner that suits His Majesty). The Most Beneficent (Allah)! Ask Him (O Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)), (concerning His Qualities, His rising over His Throne, His creations, etc.), as He is Al-Khabir (The All-Knower of everything i.e. Allah).
60. And when it is said to them: “Prostrate to the Most Beneficent (Allah)! They say: “And what is the Most Beneficent? Shall we fall down in prostration to that which you (O Muhammad (PBUH)) command us?” And it increases in them only aversion.
63. And the slaves of the Most Beneficent (Allah) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness.
68. And those who invoke not any other ilah (god) along with Allah, nor kill such life as Allah has forbidden, except for just cause, nor commit illegal sexual intercourse and whoever does this shall receive the punishment.
74. And those who say: “Our Lord! Bestow on us from our wives and our offspring who will be the comfort of our eyes, and make us leaders for the Muttaqun“ (pious – see V.2:2 and the footnote of V.3:164).”
77. Say (O Muhammad (PBUH) to the disbelievers): “My Lord pays attention to you only because of your invocation to Him. But now you have indeed denied (Him). So the torment will be yours for ever (inseparable permanent punishment).”